Step-by-Step Technology Instructions
Please click on the links below for step-by-step instructions on how to use academic technology such as Blackboard and RU-N Digital Classrooms.
- The First Steps - This link will get you started with the basics and more commonly used tools in Blackboard.
- Managing Your Course - This link will show you how to customize your course to fit your teaching style.
- Course Menu - This link will show you how to add or hide items such as pages, tools and more to your course menu.
- Course Content Area - Think link will guide you in managing and updating the content of your course.
- Discussion Boards - This link will show you how set-up, grade and moderate discussions.
- Student Preview - This link will show you how to preview what your students see.
- Users and Groups - Use this link for instructions on creating groups.
- Calendar - Use this link for instuctions on personalizing your private and blackboard events calendar.
- Customize Home Page - Use this link to customize your Blackboard home page.
Communicating Via Blackboard
- Blackboard Collaborate - This link will show you how to use and set-up your web conferencing session.
- Blackboard Email - This link will assist you with managing your email through Blackboard
Assignment Tools and Features
- Assignment Manager - Create and track assignments online
- Grade Center - Input, calculate and keep track of grades
- SafeAssign - Plagiarism Tool
- Turnitin - Plagiarism Tool
- Assessment - Use this link for insturctions on creating tests and quizzes.
Web Conferencing, Media and Video Collabration Tools
- Kaltura (Streaming Video, Audio, Images) - Learn how to create and publish videos for your course plus more.
- VoiceThread (VT) in Blackboard - Learn how to create multimedia projects for interaction.
Attendance and other Tools
- Quick Connect and Qwickly Attendance - This link will take you to the main page of Quick Connect.