Academic Technology Services (ATS) provides faculty support in a variety of modes including email, phone, virtual, and face to face. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-353-1713. Check our blog for the current month's schedule of workshops or schedule a one-on-one session with a staff member.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Digital Classrooms
- Webconferencing and Videoconferencing
- Turning Technologies
ATS offers one-on-one training to accomodate the needs of our faculty, but we do periodically offer workshops as well as Lunch and Learns with open enrollment. We also encourage you to contact us if you are interested in department specific training. ATS workshop offerings include:
- Introduction to the Digital Classroom: Meet with one of our Instructional Technology Specialists to learn about the technology in your Digital Classroom. Appointments are available from early morning through early evening so that we can accomodate your schedule. Please note that availability is dependent on room schedules and notice is required.
- Blackboard to Canvas Migration: This session is designed for those who are new to Canvas. You'll learn how previous Bb course content is transformed into modules in Canvas as well as learn basic navigation and structure in Canvas.
- Canvas Assessment (Assignments, Quizzes, and Grades): Learn how to take advantage of assessment tools in Cavas to manage assignments and provide feedback, administer online quizzes, and manage grades to help your students succeed.
- Zoom in Canvas: Learn how easy it is to schedule your Zoom class meetings through Canvas as well as discuss security options and recording management.
- Attendance Tool: Learn how to track attendance for your face-to-face classes within Canvas and consider grading options.
- Create video or audio recordings for your flipped or online course: Learn how to create multimedia content for your courses so students can learn anywhere, anytime, and on any device. You and your students can use Kaltura and other tools in Canvas to create media that is engaging and supports learning.
- First steps with your Clicker: Get hands-on experience setting up your Turning Technologies clicker and adding polling questions to a PowerPoint presentation. See how you can increase student engagement in large or small classes using clickers. Please bring your clicker with you.
- Respondus products: Learn about three of the Respondus products offered at Rutgers University-Newark. Respondus 4.0 is a tool that allows you to author and manage your assessments with Canvas. LockDown Browser is a custom browser that literally locks down the online testing environment within Canvas. Respondus Monitor is a companion application for LockDown Browser that uses webcam and video technology to maintain the integrity of online exams for non-proctored testing environments.
- And more - just ask!
Be sure to also review our documentation for Canvas and other technology tools.
- Student Support is provided by Rutgers University—Newark Information Technology (RU-N IT) Service Center - Please feel free to contact the RU-N IT SC during regular office hours at email@example.com or 973-353-5083 and at the following website http://ncs.newark.rutgers.edu/hd.
- After Hours Support is available during evening and weekends by contacting the RU-N IT Help Desk at 973-353-5083 and pressing 2 for basic Canvas support.